September Post I: Autobiography

My name is  Mary Hong from South Korea. I am new junior at Emma Willard School. The motive of my signature project was from the reason why I transfer and repeat junior year. When I was in Dana Hall School, I wasn’t sure about my future and what I was interested in. As the time goes, I realized that I was always motivated from historical events in art. One of the biggest shocking events was “Sinking of MV Sewol”. It was the even that motivate me to represent my opinions of certain events by using art as the method of speaking to public. The time when I chose the direction of my future, I had limited time and wanted to have more time to be prepare and be ready for the future. Thus, I decided to repeat a year and transfer to a place, where it is a best fit for me. 
Art is a main interest of mine; I chose art as a topic of the signature project. I decided to make a timeline of politic historical event that contribute to myself to find my identity. My plan is to research about historical events that is mostly in Korea and draw symbolized pictures of each events. I want to remind people and to be aware of what had happen, and also learn from the past and not to repeat the faults from the past. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Post II

January Post I

February Post I